Mobile Health apps provide many benefits for the health sector, both Clinicians and Patients. In this overview, we outline one customers experience with using mobile health solutions. Some of the benefits were only obvious to the health workers, particularly the issues around carrying multiple files!
Why Mobiles work for Health
- Multi functional so covers most needs on one device. (eg. phone; photographs; texting; user location/safety)
- A familiar device so there is a high level of comfort from all users!
- More suited to purpose than opening up a laptop or having to come back to base once/twice a day.
- Particularly useful for Allied Health workers and District Nurses.
- Right size and weight to carry about with other kit.
- Non intrusive device in patient’s houses when compared with laptops.
Mobile Data provides immediate results
- Provides an electronic outcome. The replacing of paper has immediate benefits. These include both less time spent entering data and the removal of the need to return to Base to drop the paperwork/customer files into the office. However, more importantly it is having an electronic record for subsequent use that is far more valuable to the health organisation.
- Cost is low relative to other devices.
- Still rapid vendor enhancements occurring with these devices versus laptops; expect that functional capability of mobile devices will grow significantly yet.
- Needs the Tabral type applications to achieve usability/efficiency. The easy to understand User interface of mobile applications reduces the need for keyboard skills. Applications that enable data to go straight into the Patient Admin Systems simply makes sense.
Implement Mobile Health Apps now
From reading this report you may be able to tell the potential benefits that come with adopting mobile health apps are huge! This was the perspective of just one of our customers. By implementing mobile health apps into your strategy, you may discover further benefits which this customer hasn’t experienced yet.